Do you feel:
- Stuck, conflicted, or unable to move forward?
- Like you make the same mistakes over and over in your relationships?
- Like sometimes you are your own worst enemy?
- Fear that you will forever be burdened by shame, anger, or sadness?
Are you ready to take a look at yourself and find healthier ways to relate to yourself and others?
I can help you make peace with yourself, feel clearer and more empowered to make healthy choices in your life. In every stuck place there are often unacknowledged emotions and unmet needs. I can guide you in making sense of your negative patterns and help you discover the missing links to feeling good about yourself and your life.
I regularly treat individuals with the following issues:
- Relationship problems
- Recent or past trauma
- Depression and mood disorders
- Family of origin issues
- Problems of low self-esteem, low self-worth, and identity crisis
In individual therapy I foster a safe, non-judgmental relationship with you that supports you to grow, take risks, and make changes.
My primary therapeutic interventions are drawn from Mindfulness Psychology, Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS), and attachment-focused psychotherapy.
Individual Relationship Counseling
Relationship problems greatly impact our emotional, mental, and physical well-being. When you are experiencing intimate relationship problems it is generally best to begin couples therapy instead of individual therapy.
However, there are some exceptions where individual relationship counseling is beneficial or necessary. Examples include:
- You have relationship problems and your partner is not ready or willing to attend couples therapy
- Your intimate relationship recently ended and you want help in the grieving/recovery process
- You are experiencing abuse in your intimate relationship and you need a safe place to get help
When I work with individuals in relationship counseling, I always keep in mind that there are two equally valid, subjective perspectives in any relationship. Because your partner would not be present to represent him/herself, I help you clarify your own experience, emotions, and needs instead of focusing on blaming or criticizing your partner’s behaviors.
I am dedicated to using only the most clinically effective approaches to best serve you. I use a collaborative, gentle, and focused approach that is tailored to meet your individual needs.
Individual sessions meet for 45-55 minutes. Generally individual therapy sessions are scheduled weekly or every other week.
Cost: $120. Please contact Heather for questions about insurance and fees.