Intensive Marriage Counseling
1 couple + 3 days = accelerated results.
Certified EFT Couples Therapist and Gottman Method Couples Therapy in Bellingham, Washington.
Scheduling weekly office visits can be difficult for busy professionals and working families.
And often, 50 minutes is just barely enough to scratch the surface of what’s coming between you and your partner.
If you are ready to go deeper, if you want to get to the root of what’s keeping you from clear communication, trust, and intimacy, my 3-day Intensive Marriage Counseling is for you.
It doesn’t have to take months to reconnect.
Hi, I'm Heather Varnau, LMHC.
With over 15 years of clinical practice, I've helped hundreds of couples overcome their marital challenges.
In fact, 90% of couples that work with me report:
If that is what you're longing for, you've come to the right place.
3-6 months of Marriage Counseling in just 3 days.
After years of working as a relationship therapist in the traditional weekly format, I realized that many couples in distress need immediate traction and results. In order to shift deeply ingrained patterns, couples need a way to go deeper, to get to the heart of their disconnection.
While traditional weekly therapy has its benefits, often it takes too long to build momentum that couples in crisis need.
That’s why I created my 3-day Intensive Marriage Counseling format. For the past six years, I’ve adopted this format to help couples from around the country overcome their greatest challenges.
Drawing from EFT and Gottman Method Couples Therapy and my own collaborative, non-judgmental style, I’ll guide you through 3-6 months of therapy in just 3 days
How My 3-day intensive Marriage Counseling works:
1 couple + 3 days = accelerated results
The intensive begins with a couples session.
We’ll begin by exploring your story: what brings you to therapy now, and what your hopes are for the intensive. We’ll discuss how you met, the milestones that have marked your journey together, what you both long for, and what is keeping you from achieving those goals.
Following a short lunch break, I will meet with each of you individually. This format helps to clarify your personal needs. As a result, I will be able to better support you individually within your partnership.
Finally, we’ll come together for a brief wrap-up of the day. I’ll summarize our agreed focus and confirm your goals for day 2 and 3.
I’ll start by summarizing my understanding of your individual experiences and the way your experiences fit together to create patterns within your relationship.
Then, I’ll guide you in the key conversations that will help you reach your goals. I’ll help each of you explore, clarify, and understand your own and each other’s experiences so that you can make sense of your interactions in new ways.
I’ll help you put your truth on the table and express yourselves in ways that pull for your partner’s understanding and care, while also helping the listening partner process new information.
Together, we’ll seek common ground and connection so you can move forward into a mutually satisfying relationship.
Application & Tools
The morning of the third day is often transformative. Couples arrive with a new sense of awareness and a clearer perspective of themselves and each other.
We’ll spend the first part of the day integrating this new understanding and making a plan for your next steps together.
Finally, we’ll l address how to put these new practices and habits into place upon returning home.
By the end of the third day, most couples experience a lift in their relationship. They feel empowered with great hope for a stronger, more connected future and have the tools to continue moving forward.
Who Can Benefit from My 3-Day Marriage Intensive?
Many couples come to me when their marriage is in crisis. Others book a 3-Day Intensive Marriage Counseling session as a proactive private retreat to ensure that their relationship stays strong and can weather any kind of storm in the future. Whatever state your relationship is in, I can help you find hope and a positive path forward.
I’ve helped hundreds of couples recover from the following:
- Communication problems
- Broken trust after infidelity, betrayal, or addiction
- Emotional and sexual intimacy problems
- Chronic disconnection
- Managing stress and work-life balance
- Divisions about major decisions
- Deciding whether to remain married or to consciously dissolve the marriage.
Are you ready to be better together?
What to expect.
- You will experience the healing benefits of 3-6 months of high quality couples therapy in just 3 days.
- You will have the time set aside and the professional guidance to finally break through old patterns to gain clarity, understanding, and hope.
- Instead of letting the clock dictate when our hour is up, you will be my only couple and have my full dedication and focus.
- I’ll teach you how to stay connected and find balance even when you feel hurt or threatened.
- I’ll help you become more present and aware of your feelings and needs, and because of this, begin to express yourself in more coherent, constructive ways.
- It will be difficult at times. But you will both have an experienced guide to help you through the challenge and get to resolution.
Give your relationship the reset it deserves.
Once I help you reconnect, it is my priority to make sure you stay connected.
Following our 3 days together, we’ll schedule a 1 hour check-in session.
During this time we will address the successes and concerns that may have surfaced upon returning home. From there, I’ll suggest one of the following follow up plans:
- Periodic in-person or online sessions, (once a month or every 15 days).
- A follow-up semi-intensive 3 to 6 months down the road.
My office is located in the heart of Fairhaven
in Bellingham, WA.
Hope has no price.
By preserving and strengthening your bond, you’ll be investing in a dividend that keeps on giving.
Improve the quality of your life, your family’s cohesion, and your own emotional well-being, TODAY.
All 3-Day Intensive Marriage Counseling Packages Include:
- A free phone consultation prior to the retreat.
- 15-17 hours of highly effective couples therapy.
- A personalized, written summary of your retreat.
- Take home tools + plan for moving forward.
Insurance: While I’m not currently contracted with insurance companies and don’t bill insurance directly, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement from your insurance company for a portion of my fee. I can help you with this.