Weekly Couples Therapy
Are you ready for a stronger, healthier relationship? Weekly couples therapy can help.
Weekly Couples Therapy in Bellingham, Washington.
You are not alone.
Most couples, at some point in their intimate relationship experience distress and disconnection.
But when these problems persist and you’re in the middle an emotional storm, finding clarity and balance can feel almost impossible.
You need the right intervention with the right guide.
My weekly couples therapy can help.
Hi, I'm Heather Varnau, LMHC.
With over 15 years of clinical practice, I've helped hundreds of couples overcome their marital challenges.
In fact, 90% of couples that work with me report:
If that is what you're longing for, you've come to the right place.
As a Certified EFT Couples Therapist and Gottman Trained Couples Therapist, my therapeutic approach is research and evidence-based.
I use a collaborative, non-judgmental style attuned to each partner and the relationship as a whole.
What is Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)?
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) is a short-term, structured approach to couples‘ therapy. Grounded in research, it focuses on negative communication patterns as well as love as a form of attachment and works to train healthy connection.
- 70% of couples in EFT went from distressed to happy.
- 90% reported to have significantly improved in just 15-20 sessions.
- The results were still stable after 2 years.
What is The
The Gottman Method is a renowned form of couples-based therapy that draws on 40 years of scientific research and clinical practice around what it takes for a relationship to last among all types of couples and across all stages of life.
- After an affair, 73% of marriages are saved with Gottman Couples Therapy Method.
- Often, only after a divorce do people realize the value of their marriage, and regret divorcing.
What is Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)?
Internal Family Systems is a powerfully transformative mindfulness-based approach to psychotherapy that creates a safe, non-judgemental space to explore the self and its various manifestations within the structure of your relationship.
- Extremely effective for relationships struggling with addiction, trauma, depression, or anxiety.
- Research has shown that, the stronger your relationship with the self is, the happier your relationships with the people around you will be.
- Create safety and trust within the relationship.
- Learn and practice essential tools for communication.
- Understand the underlying reasons for conflict and learn how to diffuse and resolve discord.
- Grow in emotional and physical intimacy.
- Repair the damage from infidelity, addiction, loss, and betrayal.
- Feel empowered to engage and reconnect when the relationship gets off track.
Weekly Couples Therapy
Every Couple will start with an 80-minute couple’s session, followed by two 50-minute individual sessions. During these initial sessions we will assess your needs and set individual goals for your relationship. From there, we will continue with weekly 50-minute sessions to help your relationship grow and change through steady, frequent professional support.
Granted each and every case is different, I typically recommend 12-30 sessions for relationship recovery.
Intensive Marriage Counseling
1 couple + 3 days = accelerated results.
Go deeper to get farther.
Cover 3 months of couples therapy in just 3 days. You’ll gain a profound understanding of how to reconnect with your partner and have a stronger, more intimate relationship.
Pricing and Fees
By preserving and strengthening your bond, you’ll be investing in a dividend that keeps on giving.
Improve the quality of your life, your family’s cohesion, and your own emotional well-being, TODAY.
$175 per hour
$225 for 1.5 hours
$25 off per session
We want to make it easy for everyone to receive the same high quality couples and individual therapy during the COVID-19 crisis.
That’s why we are offering reduced rates through the month of August.
We are here for you and we’ll get through this together.
Insurance: While I’m not currently contracted with insurance companies and don’t bill insurance directly, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement from your insurance company for a portion of my fee. I can help you with this.